A description of the mandate of OOJ.
To uphold the Constitution and to promote the rule of law through administering justice in a fair, timely,
accountable and accessible manner.
To be a world class leader in judicial excellence.
- Justice for all – Apply fairness and impartiality in the administration of Justice; accessibility of court processes; treatment
of all with dignity and respect.
- Unyielding independence – Be steadfast in operational, financial and administrative
Independence. Underscore individual independence of
- Service oriented – Be committed to the faithful discharge of duties; allegiance
To the Constitution and laws of Namibia; dedication to
Meeting the needs of court users and the public in an
Efficient and effective manner.
- Timeliness – Be responsive and adaptable to changing community
needs, improved systems and processes.
- Integrity – Conduct business with honesty and strong moral principles
- Competence – Demonstrate professional competence in the mastery
of the subject matter.
- Excellence – Adherence to the highest jurisprudential and administrative